- Art helps us to see in new ways (critically discern and process visual information).
- Art tells stories about our world (sense of identity, culture and place in society).
- Art influences how we live (expands imagination and creativity).
- What is the product & who are the target audience?
- How should I develop and conceptualize my design?
- How can I apply what I have learnt about Elements of Art and Principles of Design to my work?
- Does my design achieve the intended effect?
|Learning Outcomes & 21 CC
||Civic Literacy, Global Awareness & Cross-Cultural Skills
||Critical & Inventive Thinking
||Communication, Collaboration & Information Skills
|LO1 Identify qualities in and interpret what they see and experience
||LO4 Express experiences and ideas in art making
||LO6 Reflect and share views on their own and others’ art making
||CGC 1 Aware of community and national issues and plays a part to improve the community and nation
||CIT 1 Explores possibilities and generates ideas
||CCI 1 Communicates and collaborates effectively
|LO2 Record and present their observations using different ways
||LO5 Experiment with different materials, tools, and media to create new visual possibilities
||LO7 Relate to examples of Singapore and international art and their ideas and processes
||CGC 2 Aware of global issues and trends
||CIT 2 Exercises sound reasoning, decision-making and metacognition
||CCI 2 Manages, creates and shares digital information thoughtfully, ethically and responsibly
|LO3 Generate questions and ideas from visuals
||LO8 Work with others to make art, present art, and solve visual and other problems
||CGC 3 Displays socio-cultural and religious sensitivity and awareness
||CIT 3 Manages complexities and ambiguities
Performance Task / Evidence of Learning:
- Understand and appreciate 2D and 3D designs.
- Explore art materials and techniques to create 2D and 3D designs.
- Infuse inquiry-based learning to generate and synthesize ideas based on a given task.
- Learn to work in pairs to solve a design problem.