Agape Counselling Sanctuary
Agape Counselling Sanctuary, founded on the truth that ‘Love Never Fails’ [1 Corinthians 13:8], provides a safe place for students to find successful strategies to manage and overcome some issues that may crop up in the life of teenagers.
Located on the 2nd floor, just above the squash courts, students are free to walk in and speak with any one of the 3 full-time school counsellors. Sometimes, students are referred by their concerned teachers and level directors. As the saying goes, ‘a burden shared is a burden halved’. Some burdens that we carry arise from changes, many of which are unexpected and beyond our control. Some of these life changing events may cause us to feel undue stress, anger, anxiety, frustration, sadness, despair, fear, panic and loneliness as we cope with:
- Adjusting to new expectations, roles and relationships in a new school
- Changes in family life due to relocation, illness, death, divorce, unemployment/financial issues
- Loss of friends, family member, including emotional changes such as loss in self-confidence
- Sudden changes in mood, sleep patterns and appetite
- Bullying and abuse
- Marked changes in academic performance
- Compulsive and addictive behaviours
- Learning needs and challenges
We care, and we will help with the burdens that you need not carry alone. You may not be able to change the situation, but certainly, with a new perspective and more understanding, your attitude and response will change for the better. You can be assured that confidentiality will be observed.