National Police Cadet Corps (Land)
National Police Cadet Corps (NPCC) was first formed in Singapore in 1959.
Since its humble beginnings in Bartley Secondary School with just 30 cadets, NPCC has emerged as one of the largest Uniformed Youth Organizations (UYO) with more than 20, 000 cadets.
The Mission of NPCC is to develop our members to be active citizens and community leaders; by working in partnership with the Singapore Police Force to fight crime and keep Singapore safe.
The Vision of NPCC is to become the best youth organisation in Singapore; one that actively helps to make Singapore the safest place in the world.
By focusing on our mission and objectives, we believe that:
- We can grow from strength to strength, both as a cadet and as a person.
- We can develop leadership qualities, civic and moral values that would be essential to success in life.
- We will understand better the role of the Singapore Police Force, thus being able to spread word of Crime Prevention.
- We will learn to treat fellow cadets with respect, courtesy and tact.
- Through our constant interaction with the Singapore Police Force, we learn to adopt their high standards of performance, duty and service to the Nation.
“We the members of the National Police Cadet Corps,
do here and now solemnly and sincerely pledge that:
We will always bear true faith and allegiance
to the President and our Republic of Singapore.
We will always be loyal and true
to our country, our people and the government.
We will always be prepared
to serve our country and community.
We will always preserve the peace
and uphold the law.”
UNITS IN NPCC AREA 16
- Anglo – Chinese School (Independent)
- Clementi Town Secondary School
- Kent Ridge Secondary School
- Nan Hua High School
- New Town Secondary School
- Tanglin Secondary School
NPCC Training Areas – Law Enforcement
- Police Youth Ambassador (PYA) programme (Year 3)
- Community, Safety and Security (CSS) programme (Year 2)
- Visits to Local Police establishments (Year 1 to 3)
- Marksmanship (Year 3)
- Crime Scene Investigation (Year 3)
- Road Safety (Year 1)
- Crime Prevention (Year 1)
- Police Procedures and Basic Law (Year 1 & 2)
- Home Front Security (Year 3)
- Anti-Narcotics (Year 2)
NPCC Training Areas – National Education
- Civil Defence course (Year 2)
- Total Defence (Year 1 to 3)
NPCC Training Areas – Leadership
- Leadership Skills & Mentoring Skills course (Year 3)
NPCC Training Areas – Resilience
- Adventure Training Camp in Ubin (Year 2)
- Survival Training Camp in Ubin (Year 3)
NPCC Training Areas – Personal Development
- Kayakking, Swimming, Air Pistol – optional courses (Year 1 to 3)
NPCC PROFICIENCY BADGES
- Year One – Total Defence (Bronze), Campcraft, 3rd class Drill, Road Safety, Crime Prevention, Police Knowledge One
- Year Two – Total Defence (Silver), 2nd class Drill, ATC, SANA, Civil Defence, CSSP, Police Knowledge Two
- Year Three – Total Defence (Gold), 1st class Drill, CSI, STC, PYA, Marksman, Homefront Security
- Year Four (selected) – Best Unit Cadet, SPF – NPCC
NPCC RANK STRUCTURE
LANCE CORPORAL rank – Year One cadets
- must attain Total Defence (Bronze), Campcraft, 3rd class Drill, Road Safety, Crime Prevention, Police Knowledge One badges
- attended Police Heritage Centre and Singapore Discovery Centre visits and Crime Prevention course
- attended MegaCamp and Year 1 Promotion Camp, Swearing -in Ceremony, NPCC Observance Day in school, NPCC Service Day, NPCC VIA, with good attendance at trainings and good discipline
CORPORAL rank – Year Two cadets
- must attain Total Defence (Silver), 2nd class Drill, ATC, SANA, Civil Defence, CSSP, Police Knowledge Two badges
- attended SANA and CD courses and Revolver Shoot
- attended MegaCamp and ATC at Ubin, Road safety marshall duty, NPCC Service Day, NPCC VIA
- marched in NPCC Observance Day in school, with good attendance at trainings and good discipline
SERGEANT rank – Year Three cadets
- must have Total Defence (Gold), 1st class Drill, STC, PYA, Marksman, CSI, Homefront Security badges
- attended Marksman Revolver Shoot and Home Front Security courses, Home Team Gallery visit
- attended MegaCamp, STC at Ubin, Cadet Leaders Leadership camp, NPCC Service Day, NPCC VIA
- marched in NPCC Observance Day and Founders’ Day Parade in school, with good attendance at trainings and good discipline
STAFF SERGEANT rank – selected Year Four cadets
- facilitator for MegaCamp and Year 3 Cadet Leader Camp
- marched in NPCC Observance Day and Founders’ Day Parade in school, with good attendance and good discipline, able to command the squad
- STATION INSPECTOR rank – best two Year Four cadets
- CADET INSPECTOR rank – selected Year Five & Six cadets