Student Email/Office 365
To access Office 365 email, go to https://login.microsoftonline.com.
Importance of password change
Students are required to keep their passwords safe and secured at all times and are encouraged to change their passwords regularly.
The following are general recommendations for creating a Strong Password:
A Strong Password should–
- Be at least 12 characters in length
- Contain both upper and lowercase alphabetic characters (e.g. A-Z, a-z)
- Have at least one numerical character (e.g. 0-9)
- Have at least one special character (e.g. @, #, $, %, ^)
A Strong Password should not –
- Spell a word or series of words that can be found in a standard dictionary
- Be based on any personal information such as user id, family name, pet, birthday, etc.
The following are several recommendations for maintaining a Strong Password:
- Change default account passwords
- Do not share your password with anyone for any reason
- Change your password upon indication of compromise
- Consider using a passphrase instead of a password
- Do not write your password down or store it in an insecure manner
- Avoid reusing a password
- Avoid using the same password for multiple accounts
- Do not use automatic logon functionality
The instructions to change your Office 365 passwords can be found at Steps to change Office 365 account password.