Application for Admission into Year 3 IP (Updated)
Application for admission into Year 3 IP
2019 Year 2 Express students may apply for admission into ACS (Independent)’s Integrated Programme (IP).
Successful students will be enrolled in Year 3 and 4 IP (2020 – 2021) leading to the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme.
The selection criteria is as follows:
- Academic results in PSLE, Year 1 and 2 examinations;
- Results of a High Ability Selection Test (HAST)* that will evaluate abstract reasoning, mathematics reasoning and reading comprehension abilities.
- Student’s personal portfolio on special academic awards and achievements, co-curricular and performing arts activities, leadership and community involvement programme, special talents and project work;
- Subject Teacher’s and PCTs’ evaluation and recommendation;
*The following groups of students from ACS (Independent) are exempted from the HAST:
- Students who have obtained PSLE Score of ≥ 250 and Year 1 Overall Exam results of ≥ 70%.
- Students who have obtained Year 1 Overall Exam results of 80%
Non-ACS (Independent) applicants must sit for the HAST.
The deadline for the submission of the application form and HAST fee of $50 is Wednesday 27 March 2019 for all students.
All applicants must take the HAST (unless otherwise stated above) on Wednesday 15 May 2019.
The submission of portfolio and teacher’s recommendation must be completed by Wednesday 23 April 2019 for all students.
The application documents can be downloaded below:
- Year 3 IP Application Form
- Personal Portfolio Template
- Guidelines and Information for Filling Up Personal Portfolio
- Subject Teacher’s Evaluation & Recommendation Form
- Pastoral Care Tutor’s Evaluation Recommendation Form – Only ACS (I) students need to submit this.
- Introduction to the ACS (Independent) Integrated Programme
- Flow-chart on course of study in ACS (Independent) Years 3 – 6
ACS (Independent) students and parents can also find the forms in the Learning Management System / Parent’s Portal.
We thank you for your application.
The Best Is Yet To Be.