Application for Admission into Year 3 IP
2017 Year 2 Express students may apply for admission into ACS (Independent)’s Integrated Programme (IP). Successful students will be enrolled in Year 3 and 4 IP (2018 – 2019) leading to the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme.
The selection criteria is as follows:
- Academic results in PSLE, Year 1 and 2 examinations;
- Results of a High Ability Selection Test (HAST) that will evaluate abstract reasoning, mathematics reasoning and reading comprehension abilities.
(The following group of students from ACS (Independent) are exempted from the HAST:
(a)Students who have obtained PSLE Score of ≥ 250 and Year 1 Overall Exam results of ≥ 70%.
(b)Students who have obtained Year 1 Overall Exam results of 80%)
Non-ACS (Independent) applicants must sit for the HAST.
- Student’s personal portfolio on special academic awards and achievements, co-curricular and performing arts activities, leadership and community involvement programme, special talents and project work;
- Personal statement;
- Teacher’s evaluation and recommendation;
All applicants must take the HAST (unless otherwise stated above) on Tuesday 9 May 2017. The deadline for submission of application and HAST fee of $50 is:
Tuesday 4 April 2017 for ACS (Independent) students
Tuesday 11 April 2017 for students from other schools
Submission of portfolio, personal statement and teacher’s recommendation must be completed by Monday 22 May 2017 for all students.
The application documents can be downloaded below:
- Year 3 IP Application Form
- Personal Statement Template
- Personal Portfolio Template
- Guidelines and Information for Filling Up Personal Portfolio
- Teacher’s Evaluation & Recommendation Form
- Introduction to the ACS (Independent) Integrated Programme
- Flow-chart on course of study in ACS (Independent) Years 3 – 6
- Write-up on the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme – Years 5 & 6
- 2017 IP Selection briefing
We thank you for your application.
The Best Is Yet To Be.